Clearinghouse Setup guides
Employee checklist for FMCSA Clearinghouse setup
Prior to starting the process please note that an online account will be needed at two different FMCSA sites. The FMCSA Clearinghouse (Site 1) requires a link to an existing FMCSA Portal (site 2) account. The following instructions will provide instructions for complete setup of both.
Register for the FMCSA Clearinghouse
- E-mail address is required to register.
- You will need your CDL (Commercial Driver's License) or CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit)
- DOT has provided PDF Instructions for registration to the FMCSA Clearinghouse.
- Complete the setup by reading the terms and conditions agreeing.
Sign a Consent Form provided by your employer.
- Consent form will cover a “blanket” of time from the pre-employment process and for the duration of employment.
- Signed consent forms will be kept available for audits.
- Like a DOT Pre-employment drug test, a clear Pre-employment Clearinghouse Query must be returned prior to performing any FMCSA covered safety sensitive duties.
- A query will be conducted either at the time of a verified DOT pre-employment drug test or if requested prior by the employer.
- All requested queries MUST have the consent completed prior to request. Anyone that does not consent cannot be used in any FMCSA covered duties.